Meet Dr Shaunna
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
30 lb Weight Loss
The Miracle Man
In the summer of 2016, my dad suffered a massive stroke. He had previous milder strokes, but this time the doctors stated that it was far too massive – he could not survive and they transferred him to the community hospital to die.As a medical doctor of 25 years and especially as a radiologist, I knew what they were saying was medically correct. However, as a health coach for over a decade, I also knew that who we really are is pure wellness and we could tap into that through positive focus, taking the baby steps in the direction that we want.
With this shift in perception and implementing everything I had learned over the decades prior, what actually happened was in a record breaking 35 days, my dad walked out of the hospital on his own two feet back, so he could be back home with my mom – defying all the odds! He was The Miracle Man!This journey with my dad allowed me to refine my focus and process even further into The Awakening Process that I now lead clients through to allow their wellness (rather than fight their illness)
The World Needs You!
With the successful transition from “burned out doctor” to “blissed out health coach” and with the miraculous recovery of my dad, I now had health coaches seeking me out to do the same.I observed the continued growing health crisis with epidemics of obesity , cancer, diabetes and Alzheimers and other chronic disease. I knew this didn’t have to be this way. Simultaneously, I observed many talented health coaches who wanted to heal and carry out their soul’s purpose – but they weren’t. Most health coaches weren’t coaching. They were trapped like I had been in my medical career. But I had solved this for myself – and I could help solve this for them. Our collective reach would be exponential and fulfill my original mission when my grandmother had died when I was 14.
- Your body is the miracle that can heal itself given half a chance
- Self care is the best health care
- You can’t outrun the fork
- It is 100% nutrition and 20% exercise ( impossible to be healthy without good nutrition)
- The only person who can control you is – you.
- The only person who can really save you is – you.
- You have power in your choices
- Your choices do matter
- Health is a choice
- Happiness is a choice
- Wealth is a choice
- Your job is to feel good.
- There is no finish line
- Success is not a destination but rather it is something that you become and that you live into each and every day
- Every one of your 100 trillion cells is made up of the building blocks that you feed it – through the food you eat, drinks you drink, air you breathe and even the thoughts you think!
- No one can eat for you, do your push-ups for you, think for you or react for you
- Having great mentors and coaching is vital
- You must love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle
- Everyone is always doing the best they can with what they have and where they are
- When we know better we can do better
- When we fail to plan, we plan to fail
- I use hyphens and the words – actually, fantastic and awesome way too much but that is actually fantastic and awesome!
- You become the five people you surround yourself with
- The only way to truly help others is to help yourself
- There is more than one right answer
- We are all connected: ripples of the same ocean and rays of the same sun
- The better you are for yourself, the better you can be for others